Glenwood, is a leader and expert in the autism field, with over 40 years in the field. We offer a variety of courses that equip educators, professionals, and parents with research-based tools to help them support individuals with autism and other behavioral health needs.
Consultation and Training for Educators
We contract with area school systems and the Alabama Department of Education to assist teachers and other faculty. We offer seminars both on our campus and at your location depending on your needs.
Teachers learn practical classroom strategies for students on the autism spectrum. Training covers classroom design, communication strategies, social skills instruction, reinforcement assessments and more. Classes typically take place over three days in summer. Call (205) 970-1252 to learn more.
Here are some of our popular classes for educators, professionals and caregivers:
- Managing Crisis Safely – Crisis prevention and de-escalation, physical protection skills, and restraint skills.
- Managing Behavior and Crisis in the Classroom
- Managing a Stress-Filled World
- How to Deal with Difficult People
- How to Work with Oppositional Students
- Helping Children Who Have ADHD
- Understanding Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Motivating Children and Teenagers