The Daniel House Program is a highly structured intensive, residential treatment program for boys ages 6-14 years old with severe emotional and behavioral challenges. Many of the youth in this program have experienced some type of trauma that has affected their ability to function appropriately in social, family, and classroom environments. The program includes care by professionally trained staff and therapists.
While in our care, each child is encouraged to participate in a variety of activities including therapeutic games, sporting activities, video games, arts and crafts, music therapy, hiking, fishing, and canoeing. The children also go on field trips to provide the opportunity to make connections and foster positive interactions for themselves, their family, and the community.
The Daniel House Program includes a special education program at The Lakeview School, located on the Sicard Hollow campus of Glenwood. The school provides children with low student-to-teacher ratios and practices researched-based techniques. The Lakeview School allows these children to reach their full potential in the classroom and life.
• Around-the-clock care in campus homes and a year-round school
• Focus on independent living skills
• Training in essential skills, including personal care, communication, problem-solving, anger management, and social skills
• Special education and related services available
• Activities include sports, video games, arts and crafts, music therapy, hiking, fishing and canoeing
• Children go on field trips to enable them to make connections and have positive interactions
• Individual served is male between 6-14 years old
• Borderline, average, or above intellectual functioning, and a psychiatric diagnosis
• Final admission determination is based on test results and observation of behavior and the approval of Glenwood admissions team
• Youth must be willing to participate in daily, structured activities as outlined in the programs protocol and milieu as well as in their most recent treatment plan
• All admissions must be approved by a Licensed Independent Practitioner
• Youth is experiencing mental, emotional, or behavioral difficulties, which prevent placement at home, school, or in a less restrictive environment
For additional information on Daniel House Program, please contact our Intake Department. We’re happy to assess your needs and provide you information about how to apply for specific services and programs.
If you are a teacher, caseworker, or another service professional and know of someone who could benefit from Glenwood’s services, we would love to connect with you. After discussing your needs with our Intake Coordinator, you will be sent a referral packet to complete and return.
To refer someone to our programs, please contact:
Telephone: (205) 939-1088
To make a referral for school-based testing or consultation, please contact:
Telephone: (205) 970-1252