Approaches For Students Who Present Complex Challenges
Students on the autism spectrum with co-occurring mental health & behavioral issues can present challenges to those who interact with them. Cathy Pratt, BCBA-D, Director of Indiana Resource Center for Autism, will discuss the issues faced by Indiana, strategies used to create systems, and how to adopt strategies to support these students.
- Assessing problematic behaviors & designing behavior support plans
- Teaching alternative skills using evidence-based practices
- Adopting strategies for building local capacity & creating a statewide infrastructure
Parking: Lot 5A next to the HSC—Enter on 16th Ave. S. between University Blvd. & 7th Ave ($2-$6 range)
Metered parking available on 14th St. & on 7th Ave. S.
Other public decks at 1801 4th Ave. S, 1915 University Blvd., 1720 University Blvd. & 1713 6th Ave. S.
- 1.0 nursing contact hr by The Deep South Center for OH&S, provider #ABNP0420 for the ABN
- 1.0 SW contact hr by The UAB Civitan-Sparks Clinics, provider #0604 for the ASBSWE
- 1.0 BACB Type II CEU provided by The Alabama Association for Behavior Analysis
- 1.0 contact hr by The National Board of Public Health Examiners
Questions? Contact Julie McDougal: email@example.com or 205.975.0531
It will also be archived on the UAB SOPH website